Going to sleep hungry can make it hard to sleep, but what options are best for that last late night snack?
- Bananas – Contain tryptophan (an amino acid that promotes sleep) and magnesium (a vitamin that helps induce sleep)
- Edamame – High in magnesium to help improve quality of sleep
- Turkey on whole wheat – Tryptophan with complex carbs stimulates serotonin (a hormone that helps regulate sleep)
- Trail Mix – Walnuts, almonds and dried tart cherries all contain melatonin (a hormone that controls the sleep cycle)
- Nonfat popcorn – Feel satisfied without being too stuffed
- Dark green leafy vegetables – Help balance blood sugar