Here is what you can do to prepare your family in case COVID-19 spreads in your community.
Find Local Information
Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases.
Know the Signs and Symptoms
Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
Take Steps for Those at Higher Risk
Know what additional measures those at higher risk and who are vulnerable should take.
Protect Yourself and Family
Implement steps to prevent illness (e.g., stay home when sick, handwashing, respiratory etiquette, clean frequently touched surfaces daily).
Create a Household Plan
Create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers).
- Establish plans to telework, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
Stay Informed About Emergency Plans
Know about emergency operations plans for schools/workplaces of household members.
EAP Support Available
Your EAP provided by ACI Specialty Benefits offers emotional support resources, work-life referrals, and management consultation to help during difficult times. For personalized support, contact ACI Specialty Benefits at 800.932.0034 or email@example.com.