Support Services for Pride Month and LGBTQ+ Community
While June is designated Pride Month, advocating for equal rights for the LGBTQ+ community is a year-round endeavor. With a wide range of mental health support services, community referrals, and leadership resources, ACI Specialty Benefits provides support and services surrounding LGBTQ+ issues.
LGBTQ+ support services available to individuals and family members include:
- Confidential mental health sessions with a licensed clinician to talk about any issues and address any concerns
- Mental health sessions are available to family members, and ‘your definition of family is ACI’s definition’
- Referrals to community resources and support groups, locally or online
- Referrals to national and local resources, advocacy groups, and programs that offer support services to the LGBTQ+ community
LGBTQ+ support services offered for organizations include:
- Consultation on best practices for creating an inclusive environment
- Referrals for organizational trainings on building LGBTQ+ awareness and inclusion
- Clinical consultation on communication best practices to support transgender individuals
- Referrals for volunteer activities (group or individual) to support the LGBTQ+ community
- Referrals for local activities, including Pride events, for the organization to sponsor or support
- Consultation around building internal advocacy groups at the organization
For more personalized support or to answer any questions about benefits available, reach out to ACI Specialty Benefits at 800.932.0034, firstname.lastname@example.org or through the myACI Benefits mobile app.